About this event
- Date and time Thu 8 Jun 2023 from 12:00pm to 8:00am
- Location Buckfast Abbey
- Organised by History of Medicine Society
Buckfast Abbey Devon dates from 1018 but was dissolved in 1539 and rebuilt by monks between 1907 and 1938. A conference centre now forms part of the organisation. Find out more about Buckfast Abbey here.
Join us for a 3-day visit staying at Northgate House Hotel on the conference site for a series of talks on Medical History and other topics, delivered in the adjoining centre.
Included in the visit are talks, luncheons and dinners, a ride on the historic Dartmouth Steam Railway and Ferry boat across the river at Dartmouth for supper and a musical evening in the Benedictine Buckfast Abbey. Drinks and gratuities not included.
A draft of the programme can be found here.
Please book accommodation separately, rooms are reserved at Northgate House Hotel. To book email: email@example.com and quote History of Medicine. (£89 B&B for Double Occupancy/per room £79 Single) Ample parking is available. Other local accommodation is available if preferred.
Menus for dinners at Northgate Hotel, Thursday, Restaurant in Dartmouth Friday and Conference Centre Saturday will be circulated in advance and require pre-booking, noting dietary requirements please. Drinks and tips not included.
Follow us on:
Standard pricing available until 25 May 2023.
Non - Member
|Non - Member|
Thursday 8 June 2023
Welcome tea and coffee
Friday 9 June 2023
Tea and coffee break
Bus to Paigton Railway
Steam train to Kingswear
Dinner at Kendricks Rest
Bus return to Buckfast Abbey
Saturday 10 June 2023
Tea and coffee break
Dinner at Buckfast Abbey
Registration for this event will close at 1:00am on 25 May 2023. Late registrations will not be accepted.
- The agenda is subject to change at any time
- If the event is recorded, we are only able to share presentations that we have received permission to share. There is no guarantee that all sessions will be available after the event, this is at the presenter’s and RSM discretion.
- All views expressed at this event are of the speakers themselves and not of the Royal Society of Medicine, nor the speaker's organisations.
- This event will be recorded and stored by the Royal Society of Medicine and may be distributed in future on various internet channels.