Find out how to carry out basic searches in the medical databases using textwords including forming a search question, applying limits, viewing and downloading search results, and finding the full-text. Medline is used as the example. This will include a Q&A session and a short practical.
After attending this course you will be able to:
- Devise a search strategy in a database using textwords, Boolean operators, truncation and proximity operators
- Apply limits to refine search results (e.g. by publication year, language or age groups)
- Select results from a database search and save them to a Word document
- Find the full-text of references whilst viewing search results
- Search for an author’s name and a journal title