- A grant of £500-£1,000 to undertake a specific project on a medical or dental elective.
Applications will be reviewed twice annually on 31 January and 31 July. Your elective must take place AFTER the review date. We cannot offer grants to electives which are taking place before the review date.
Medical and dental students in the UK and other EU medical and dental schools.
Submit a 700-word proposal on your medical elective that includes the following information:
- The type of work involved (the scope is wide and includes any type of research)
- Its purpose (aims)
- The approach you intend to take to collecting information or data and to the analysis (methodology)
- The projected outcomes or potential impact of the research
- How this experience will help your career development
You will also need to attach the following documentation to your application:
- Letter/email from your medical or dental school confirming that they support your elective
- Confirmation letter/email from your host institution if applicable
- Recommendation letter/email from your tutor/supervisor
- Confirmation that full consideration has been given to the ethics of the proposal
- Confirmation that full consideration has been given to health and safety of the student