With government restrictions lifting on 19 July 2021, we wanted to provide updated guidance so that all members and visitors know what to expect when visiting the RSM at 1 Wimpole Street.
The Library, Members Club, Domus Medica hotel, and events programme remains open to everyone. Although face coverings and social distancing are no longer mandatory, we will continue to keep certain safety measures in place and encourage our visitors to follow our guidance below.
From 19 July, we will continue to keep the following safety measures:
Reception and other spaces
- The main entrance will remain closed for now (except for large attendee events) and members/visitors should use the members’ entrance on Henrietta Place
- Our reception staff will continue to serve members/visitors from behind a Perspex screen
- We will continue to show one-way directional signage and offer sanitisation stations
- A two-person maximum occupancy in lifts will remain
- We will ensure ‘fresh air’ ventilation mechanisms continue to be used around the building
Club and Lounge Bar
- Our staff will continue to wear masks in confined areas and where people may meet others, such as corridors and elevators, and we recommend our members/visitors do the same
- Our staff will continue to wear masks when serving food and drinks
- We will continue to use cloches for food service for dining and provide a white glove service
- Food and drinks will continue to be served from the Lounge Bar area
We will continue to encourage some social distancing, such as blocking off the first few rows in front of the stage area in our lecture theatres, and where space permits dependent on auditoria capacity.
Our food service staff will continue to wear masks for events and meetings.
We will continue to encourage social distancing when working or studying at the Library, and recommend that our members continue to wear a face covering when visiting.
We have also made the following changes to the way we provide services for members and visitors:
- Members will be able to approach the bar to receive service
- We will increase the number of tables so we will be able to welcome more members and their guests
- We will work with organisers on a case by case basis on social distancing preferences in the event room and other additional Covid-19 safety measures
- We will resume offering a buffet service where customers can choose to be seated in a socially distanced way or remain standing
- Event organisers will now be asked to keep their own records (within GDPR regulations) of attendance although we will still have NHS QR check-in codes for those who want to use it
We will continue to monitor developments and will provide updates on our website and email members if there are any changes. Please contact us if you have any questions in advance of your visit.