This study day is beneficial to clinicians who want to gain knowledge, skills, confidence and interest in the theory and application of child protection.
Aimed at Level 2 trainees, it will cover key competencies from our progress curriculum, with delegates by the end of the conference meeting the requirements of level 3 child safeguarding training.
We aim to enthuse interest and update trainees about current issues in safeguarding and meet the core paediatric curriculum requirements.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the health needs of looked after children
- Know about the adoption and fostering system
- Understand the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Recognise when families are distressed or in need of early support
- Understand the process of safeguarding including strategy meetings and Initial Child Protection Conferences
- Understand the process of conducting CP medicals, including consent and parental responsibility
- Know about indications for investigations in safeguarding including skeletal survey and blood tests
- Know about child sexual abuse and the system of assessment and follow-up
- Know about forensic assessment in child abuse including chain of evidence
This webinar is available for on-demand viewing. The webinar recording will be available for registered delegates up to 60 days after the live webinar broadcast via Zoom.
Follow us on: