The RSM has an extensive digital learning and online e-resources platform. As a member you'll enjoy free access to a wealth of online resources, including 5,000 subscription and open access e-journals, 2,000 e-books and 5 key medical databases, to support your clinical decision-making and research.
- Date and time Wed 18 May 2022 from 9:15am to 4:30pm
- Location Online
- Organised by Paediatrics and Child Health, London School of Paediatrics
This study day is beneficial to clinicians who want to gain knowledge, skills, confidence and interest in the theory and application of child protection.
Aimed at Level 2 trainees, it will cover key competencies from our progress curriculum, with delegates by the end of the conference meeting the requirements of level 3 child safeguarding training.
We aim to enthuse interest and update trainees about current issues in safeguarding and meet the core paediatric curriculum requirements.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the health needs of looked after children
- Know about the adoption and fostering system
- Understand the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Recognise when families are distressed or in need of early support
- Understand the process of safeguarding including strategy meetings and Initial Child Protection Conferences
- Understand the process of conducting CP medicals, including consent and parental responsibility
- Know about indications for investigations in safeguarding including skeletal survey and blood tests
- Know about child sexual abuse and the system of assessment and follow-up
- Know about forensic assessment in child abuse including chain of evidence
This webinar is available for on-demand viewing. The webinar recording will be available for registered delegates up to 60 days after the live webinar broadcast via Zoom.
Follow us on:
View the programme
Disclaimer: All views expressed in this webinar are of the speakers themselves and not of the RSM nor the speaker's organisations.
Registration for this webinar will close 1 hour prior to the start time. Late registrations will not be accepted.