Opportunities for casual work – Conferencing and Banqueting
The Society has a number of opportunities within the Conferencing and Banqueting Department for those who are seeking to work on a casual basis. The roles would suit individuals who enjoy working within a busy hospitality environment and who are capable of providing excellent customer service.
The role holder’s activities will include:
- Ensuring that all equipment is cleaned and polished before it is used for service.
- Being responsible for cleaning and maintaining all equipment and ensuring that it is stored in the correct place after use.
- Making sure that any trolleys used at front of house are clean and presentable.
- Laying tables, trolleys, buffet bars and site stations.
- Making sure that all beverages are served according to the menus and to the required standards.
To be considered, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working in a hospitality environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- The ability to build good working relationships with others.
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask.
- The ability to be efficient, fast and serve with confidence and flair.
- Confidence when dealing with customers.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- The desire to consistently provide a professional service.
- Professionalism whilst being approachable and friendly.
Whilst not essential, it would be desirable if the candidate has an up to date food hygiene certificate.
How to apply
To apply for the above opportunity please forward a CV and covering letter to Leonardo Rey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fair processing notice for job applicants on personal data
The Society is positively committed to equality of opportunity in employment and encourages applicants from all sectors of the community. It operates a no smoking policy in all its environments.