Opportunities for casual work – Conferencing and Banqueting
The Society has a number of opportunities within the Conferencing and Banqueting Department for those who are seeking to work on a casual basis. The role would suit someone who enjoys working within a busy hospitality environment and is capable of providing excellent customer service. This role will encompass all types of hospitality work.
As part of this role, the role holder’s activities will include:
- Ensuring that all equipment is cleaned and polished before it is used for service.
- Being responsible for cleaning and maintaining all equipment and ensuring that it is stored in the correct place after use.
- Making sure that any trolleys used at front of house are clean and presentable.
- Laying tables, trolleys, buffet bars and site stations.
- Making sure that all beverages served are according to the menu and are properly presented before being served.
To be considered for the role you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working within a hospitality environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- The ability to build good working relationships with others.
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask.
- The ability to be efficient, fast and serve with confidence and flair.
- Confidence when dealing with customers.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- The desire to consistently provide a professional service.
- Professionalism whilst being approachable and friendly.
Whilst not essential, it would be desirable if the candidate has an up to date food hygiene certificate.
How to apply
To apply for the above opportunity please forward a CV and covering letter to Leonardo Rey at email@example.com or Joana Mauricio at Joana.Mauricio@rsm.ac.uk.
The Society is positively committed to equality of opportunity in employment and encourages applicants from all sectors of the community. It operates a no smoking policy in all its environments.