Opportunity for Casual work - Team Leader
Hourly rate: £9.50 per hour
The Catering and Banqueting Department of the Royal Society of Medicine are currently recruiting for an experienced and passionate Team Leader for our client business. This role is based at a prestigious venue located in central London.
The RSM offers a range of events and catering services including conferences, business meetings, reception drinks, dinners, exhibitions, weddings and private dining. The business is open seven days a week from morning to evening and occasionally weekends, and as Team Leader you will be providing excellent hospitality services to our clients.
- Coordination and coaching of a team of between 3 -15 staff
- Supporting the conference and banqueting team in delivering excellent customer service
- Ensuring that all jobs assigned to all team members are on a fair rota basis
- Ensuring that team members are following the correct procedure
- Ensuring all the rooms in front of house are clean and presentable at all times
- Laying up tables, trolleys, buffets bars and site stations following the Royal Society of Medicine SOP guideline. Also making sure that all beverages served are according to the menu, are properly presented, of correct temperature before being served
- Confirming any beverage consumption or any additional sales to a supervisor or assistant manager at end of your shift
- To be courteous and warm when dealing with guests as well as efficient, fast and serving with confidence and flair
- To maintain a high standard of service within hospitality at all times as laid down within the SOP service standards
- Immediately advise your manager of any customer comments or complaints relating to food, service or any other issue
- To attend monthly Health and Safety training as required
- Experience of working in a hospitality environment and face to face guest contact minimum 6 months
- Good PC and numeracy skills
- Fluently proficient in both verbal and written English
- Coaching or team leader experience
- A Customer focused approach and excellent communication skills (face to face or telephone)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure, organise and multi task
- The ability to diffuse conflicts, problem solve
How to apply
To apply for the above opportunity please forward a CV and covering letter to Joana Mauricio at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday 22 September 2017.
The Society is positively committed to equality of opportunity in employment and encourages applicants from all sectors of the community. It operates a no smoking policy in all its environments.