Meeting and Events Supervisor
Salary: up to £20,300 depending on experience
40 hours per week, working any 5 out of 7 days
The Catering and Banqueting Department of the Royal Society of Medicine are currently recruiting for an experienced Meetings and Events Supervisor. This role is based at a prestigious venue located in Central London.
The RSM offers a range of events and catering services including conferences, business meetings, reception drinks, dinners, exhibitions, weddings and private dining. The business is open seven days a week from morning to evening and occasionally weekends, and as a supervisor, you will be providing excellent hospitality services to our clients.
- Supervise events in accordance with clients requests and the information on the events orders
- Supervise the preparation of the event rooms in that they are clean and presentable at all times
- Supervise the team members in order that they are following the specification of the BEO
- Briefing staff daily regarding he duties before shifts starts, menu content, special dietary requirements, allergens, health and safety and cleaning duties
- Leading and supervising the laying up of the tables, trolleys, buffet bars and site stations following the Royal Society of Medicine SOP guideline. Also making sure that all beverages served are according to the menu, are properly presented and of correct temperature before being served
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Have an eye for detail
- Possess strong team leadership skills
- To be courteous and warm when dealing with guests as well as efficient, fast and serving with confidence and flair
- To carry out any reasonable request made by the management, outside normal duties, but within the scope of the job. Supporting the conference and banqueting team in delivering excellent customer service in both 1 Wimpole Street and Chandos House
- Supports team manager and performs some specified management duties when manager is absent or out of office
- To assist the Assistant or Operations Manager with monthly stock takes if required
- Experience at a supervisory level of working in a hospitality environment with face to face guest minimum of 1 year
- Good PC and numeracy skills
- Fluently proficient in verbal and written English
- Coaching or team leader experience
- A customer focused approach and excellent communication skills, both face to face and via the telephone
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work will under pressure, prioritise, organise and multi task
- The ability to diffuse conflicts and problem solve
- Organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience of working in London hospitality or the hotel/venue industry within the position or in a similar role
How to apply
To apply for the above opportunity please forward a CV and covering letter to Joana Mauricio at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday 22 September 2017.
The Society is positively committed to equality of opportunity in employment and encourages applicants from all sectors of the community. It operates a no smoking policy in all its environments.