Trainee Education Programme Executive 12-month fixed term, part-time or job share considered
Flexible working, with some evenings and early starts. A mixture of office (central London) and home working is anticipated with this role
The Royal Society of Medicine is one of the UK’s leading providers of continuing learning in healthcare. Our vision is ‘better healthcare for better lives’. We aim to achieve this by sharing learning and supporting innovation on the science, practice and organisation of medicine.
As a registered charity and membership organisation with a global network of 20,000 members, we bring together healthcare professionals across specialties. We offer a range of membership options for every career stage, from students to retirement.
We deliver multidisciplinary, specialist and general education, as well as professional development, drawing on the support of leading experts in over 50 specialist areas of medicine.
Our learning resources span a wide collection of books, journals, digital journals and online medical databases. We are home to one of the finest physical and digital medical libraries in the world. We connect those involved and interested in healthcare and, by leveraging expertise from across the RSM, we support, help and inspire the innovators developing the medical products and services of tomorrow.
Overall Job Purpose
The Royal Society of Medicine is a leading provider of learning and development/CPD for healthcare professionals. The key purpose of this role is to support the education programme manager in the research, development and execution of new, commercially sustainable education programmes. This dynamic role reports to the education programme manager. The last two years have been of rapid change for the RSM’s education offering and the education teams have been at the forefront of responding to, and leading on, this change.
This is an exciting time to be joining the RSM. A new Senior Management Team has been formed, a new strategy has been developed, and there is significant momentum behind online learning, so this role is a timely opportunity to learn and have real input into how the RSM shares learning and supports innovation across all areas of healthcare.
- Assist education programme manager on day-to-day tasks.
- Support the education teams on event planning and organization.
- Assist education programme manager in research, design and delivery of educational programmes.
- Assist with coordination of pre-event logistics, operations and administrative functions (for example, venue spaces, catering, travel, expenses, AV).
- Support in the delivery of RSM’s exciting event portfolio on time, within budget, and meet (and hopefully exceed) expectations.
- Contribute in producing post-event evaluation to inform all stakeholders.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Applicant must be a current student (flexible placement opportunity) or recent graduate
- No specific prior experience required
- Demonstrable experience of creating, delivering and improving any project
- Fluent in written and spoken English to professional business standards
- Ability to complete detailed work accurately
- Competence in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Interest in designing and developing content for education programmes
- Interest in customer and market research experience
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentational)
- Understanding and/or interest in the healthcare sector is desirable
- Planning and organising - Capable of prioritising and organising own workload, able to work under own initiative and balance peaks and troughs of work
- Communication - Good communication skills and the ability to liaise with staff
- Team work - Experience of working within project teams
- Reliable - with a conscientious attitude to work
- Adaptable, ability to work flexibly and adapt to a changing environment
- Proactive/ resourceful and shows initiative
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Assertiveness - A pleasant disposition displaying tact and diplomacy when dealing with sensitive or contentious issues, assertive and confident
- Customer service - Well-developed Customer service skills, professional and helpful approach to answering queries
The post holder must always when conducting responsibilities and interacting with others:
- Uphold the vision, mission and values of the RSM
- Support effective communication and consistent management of RSM policies and procedures throughout the organisation
- Adhere to the Society’s Health and Safety regulations and ensure the safety of oneself and others engaged in the RSM premises and work by reporting hazards to a senior manager for address or taking actions (where possible) to remove safety hazards
- Adhere to the Society’s Data Protection regulations and only use data as required to undertake their role and handle it in an appropriate and confidential manner
- Fully subscribe to the spirit of and adhere to the Society’s people policies in particular the Discrimination, Bullying, Harassment, Victimisation policies.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Shruthi Sharma at firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV attachment and cover letter no later than 31st August 2022
Interviews to be held either week commencing 19th or 26th September 2022
The RSM is committed to equal opportunities for all our applicants and we will not discriminate in regard to protected characteristics including age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.
The RSM is also committed to the safeguarding and fair processing of information received from candidates applying for positions and fully complies with the spirit and regulations of the GDPR. For a full statement about the type of data that the RSM keeps about job applicants and the purposes for which it is kept, please read our fair processing notice for job applicants for more information.