The Emergency Medicine Section’s purpose is to promote high standards of all aspects of accident and emergency practice.
- £100 will be awarded to the best three applications.
3 April 2022
Friday 24 June 2022
Students, nurses and doctors all grades working in Emergency Departments
The aim of this prize is to recognise and promote educational initiatives in Emergency Departments.
The top 3 entrants will be invited to deliver a presentation on their initiative at a designated Emergency Medicine Section meeting at the Royal Society of Medicine.
• Submissions should be no longer than 300 words.
• The project should have been led or a substantial contribution to the project made by the entrant.
Entrants will submit the answers to the following three questions on their project/initiative.
1. Describe the project, its implementation, and your role in that implementation.
2. What were the barriers to implementation and how were these overcome?
3. What impact has your project/initiative had on the department?
- £1 x £250 and one year's free RSM membership
After returning from the elective, the winner will be invited to give a presentation at one of the Section's meetings.
For professionals with a medical, dental or veterinary qualification recognised by GMC, GDC or RCVS.
For professionals working in the healthcare sector or with an interest in healthcare issues and do not qualify for a Fellow membership.
For students studying medicine, dentistry or an undergraduate qualification in a healthcare-related subject, in the UK or overseas.