Electronic Monthly Updates (EMU)
Whether you are looking to save time on database searches or would like to receive regular updates on the latest material added to medical databases based on your preferences, the RSM Library’s Electronic Monthly Updates service is a great way to get up-to-date, tailor-made information sent directly to your inbox.
Set up an Electronic Monthly Update, and the service will search one or more medical databases for you – including Medline, Embase, Allied & Complementary Medicine (AMED), DH-Data – and send you information every month based on your requirements.
Benefits of an EMU
- Personal – the ability to set up a search profile, tailor-made to your individual information needs.
- Authoritative – a wide range of international biomedical and scientific bibliographic databases to choose from.
- Fast – search results are e-mailed directly to you every month.
- Simple – all the work is done for you, from setting up the search profile through to delivering the results.
Setting up an EMU is easy: simply email email@example.com or call us on 020 7290 2941. An EMU can also be organised following a Literature Search request.
Once set up, a monthly email will be sent to you, which includes a bibliography of new abstracts (where available) added to databases, along with any other relevant information. Our Document Delivery team can then supply full copies of your chosen references.
|Electronic Monthly Updates
|Single Database One-Off Set-Up Fee
|Combined Database One-Off Set-Up Fee
|Storage and Running Charge (per month for each database):
|Extra References (per reference):
Available databases for single or combined EMUs include: Medline, Embase, Allied & Complementary Medicine (AMED), DH-Data.
How to set up an Electronic Monthly Update
Call us on +44 (0) 207 290 2941
Terms and conditions
- The initial set-up fee is waived if an EMU follows on from a one-off literature search.
- The combined database set-up fee refers to two databases only. Extra database set-ups will be charged at £10.00 per database for RSM Members and £25.00 per database for Temporary Members.
- Monthly storage and running charges are still made, even if no references are generated by the agreed search profile in some months.
- References include details of the author, title, source and abstract (where available).
- Prices for EMUs on other databases not listed here are available on request.
- The EMU service is billed annually, although payment is required in advance for the set-up fee. Temporary Members are also required to pay for the monthly storage charges in advance and this is non-refundable.
- EMUs run from October to September each year and an invoice will be sent with the September update for the monthly storage charges and any reference costs incurred. EMUs can start running at any month of the year. If you choose to cancel your EMU earlier than September, you would be billed only for those months for which the EMU was run.
- Your search profile can be modified at any time. If an amendment to an EMU is substantial, we reserve the right to levy a charge equivalent to the set-up fee for that database. EMUs can run from a minimum 3-month period to a stop date you specify.