- Date and time Wed 14 Apr 2021 from 6:00pm to 7:00pm
- Location Online
- Organised by Vascular, Lipid and Metabolic Medicine Section
This webinar will illustrate the utility of untargeted and targeted lipidomics to identify dysregulated fatty acid metabolism in and beyond the mitochondria and new signatures of diseases.
Dr Matthieu Ruiz, Associate Professor, Université de Montréal, Department of nutrition, Co-director-Metabolomics Platform, Montreal Heart Institute, Canada, will provide an insightful lecture, followed by a Q&A session.
This webinar will cover:
- New knowledge related to the application of lipidomics in heart failure
- The implication of acylcarnitines to reflect mitochondrial fatty acid utilization/oxidation disturbances
- The clinical significance of disturbances in fatty acid metabolism-related to heart failure
This webinar is part of a monthly series that looks at the mitochondrial, metabolic and lipidomic aspects of the heart. The next webinar in this series is in May, Mitochondrial substrate flexibility in the heart – The sweet side of metabolism.
View the programme
Disclaimer: All views expressed in this webinar are of the speakers themselves and not of the RSM nor the speaker's organisations.
Special rates for difficult times
The RSM wishes to offer healthcare professionals continued learning opportunities during the coronavirus pandemic. The RSM’s weekly COVID-19 Series webinars remain free of charge, while there will be small charges to register for other online education. These fees will enable the RSM to continue its programme of activities and will apply during the course of the pandemic.
All webinars will be available for registered delegates 30 days after on Zoom. The link will be sent 24 hours after the webinar takes place.
This webinar will be recorded and stored by the Royal Society of Medicine and may be distributed in future on various internet channels.