Join us for the first in a new series of special RSM events where our President, Sir Simon Wessely, interviews keys figures from public life on everything from education and healthcare to significant changes which have impacted their lives.
- Date and time Wed 26 Jun 2019 from 10:00am to 4:30pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Vascular, Lipid and Metabolic Medicine Section, Rheumatology and Rehabilitation
This meeting will cover medical causes of Raynaud’s and digital ischaemic lesions, offering delegates a practical approach to the assessment and management of such patients.
Bringing together internationally renowned experts with an interest in Raynaud’s, it will cover all aspects of the disease from pathogenesis to epidemiology, investigating approaches and management.
There will be a strong clinical emphasis (with case reports) to ensure delegates leave with practical tools for assessing and managing Raynaud’s phenomenon, and digital ischaemic lesions in their own practice.
The meeting will be of interest to clinicians (primary care physicians, medical physicians, surgeons and allied health professionals), who encounter patients with peripheral microvascular disease and scientists with an interest in vascular biology and disease. Rheumatology practitioners who are regularly referred such patients from primary care will also find this meeting very useful.
- The pathogenesis, epidemiology and classification of primary and secondary forms of Raynaud’s phenomenon (and the occurrence of digital ischaemic lesions)
- Practical approaches to the assessment and management of Raynaud’s phenomenon and digital microvascular ischaemic lesions
View the programme
This series of symposia is sure to intrigue and provide insightful updates and discussions on important aspects of venous diseases including; wounds and healing, varicose vein treatment and a symposium for private practice.