This meeting marks the 100th anniversary of the RSM Section of Urology, 75th anniversary of the British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS) and 25th anniversary of The Urological Foundation (TUF).
High profile speakers and experts will be reflecting on the past to enable an efficient guide for the future of urology. As well as interviews with past opinion leaders who shaped modern approaches to urological disease.
The safe introduction of innovation will be referenced along with a state of the art view of surgical robotics, and how they may change surgical practice.
Expert insights into the future of medicine to include:
- Personalised care from Professor Sir John Bell, Regius Professor of Medicine, Oxford
- The future of healthcare delivery from Jennifer Dixon, CEO of the Health Foundation
- The potential impact of 'Big Data'.
During the meeting, participants will:
- Learn about the history of various organisations which have shaped British Urology over the past 100 years, and how the specialty has changed
- Understand some of the historic challenges faced when new treatments were developed
- Learn, from examples, how to introduce new technologies safely
- Hear from experts about some of the likely challenges and opportunities we will face over the next 25 years