- Date and time Sat 8 Feb 2020 from 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Students Committee
This meeting aims to teach students how to systematically interpret clinical investigations relevant to final year examinations, including:
- Arterial blood gases (e.g. respiratory failure, metabolic acidosis)
- Electrocardiograms (ischaemia and arrhythmias)
- Chest and abdominal x-rays (infection, pneumothorax, bowel obstruction etc.)
- Basic computerised tomography (CT) of the chest, abdomen and head
You will also gain an understanding of how the above investigations can guide patient management.
Make the most of this opportunity to ask your burning questions, and receive answers from speakers who have taken the same exam. Take advantage of the chance to be exposed to a greater range of pathology in one day than they are likely to see on your respective clinical placements.
Whilst this course has been designed specifically for final-year students, all years are welcome!
Non - Member