- Date and time Thu 23 May 2019 from 9:30am to 4:30pm
- Location BPP Law School Waterloo
- Organised by RSM Professionals, BPP School of Health
Following the publication of the Francis Report, a number of key recommendations have been set out in relation to medico-legal principles. The aim of this 1 day study day is to empower individuals to follow the recommendations as set out in the Francis Report to embed medico-legal best practice into their organisation to promote excellence, the importance of Duty of Candour and facilitate the provision of high quality care.
Delivered by a practising barrister, with a healthcare background, this course will provide delegates with the opportunity to explore the following learning objectives.
At the end of this course delegates will:
- Have gained an understanding of the importance of Duty of Candour
- Understand the legal definition of a fundamental standard of behaviour
- Appreciate how the Courts approach a reasonable standard of behaviour
- Understand changes in professional regulation by the GMC - Appreciate the legal definition of managerial responsibilities
- Understand the prosecuting role of the Health and Safety Executive
- Acknowledge how the change in criminal liability will affect practice
- Have explored best practice in complaints handling
- Understand changes in which information will need to be handled