A two day masterclass to develop your understanding of courtroom procedure and case-law to help you become a confident expert witness in court.
- Date and time Thu 23 May 2019 from 9:30am to 4:30pm
- Location BPP Law School Waterloo
- Organised by RSM Professionals, BPP School of Health
Following the publication of the Francis Report, a number of key recommendations have been set out in relation to medico-legal principles. The aim of this 1 day study day is to empower individuals to follow the recommendations as set out in the Francis Report to embed medico-legal best practice into their organisation to promote excellence, the importance of Duty of Candour and facilitate the provision of high quality care.
Delivered by a practising barrister, with a healthcare background, this course will provide delegates with the opportunity to explore the following learning objectives.
At the end of this course delegates will:
- Have gained an understanding of the importance of Duty of Candour
- Understand the legal definition of a fundamental standard of behaviour
- Appreciate how the Courts approach a reasonable standard of behaviour
- Understand changes in professional regulation by the GMC - Appreciate the legal definition of managerial responsibilities
- Understand the prosecuting role of the Health and Safety Executive
- Acknowledge how the change in criminal liability will affect practice
- Have explored best practice in complaints handling
- Understand changes in which information will need to be handled
This course is designed to ensure that the vital skills of report writing and preparing statements are delivered and performed to the highest quality.
This practical two-day course will empower clinical teachers with the knowledge, confidence and skills to teach effectively in a wide range of settings.