This two day expert witness masterclass will develop your understanding of courtroom procedure and case-law and will help you become a confident expert witness in court.
An expert witness is a key element of many criminal and civil trials and assists the court in understanding issues which lie outside the knowledge or experience of the court. Becoming an expert witness should never be embarked upon without some form of prior preparation.
- Understanding civil procedure rules governing expert witnesses
- Understanding the case-law governing expert witness liability for negligence
- Understanding data protection and confidentiality as related to expert witnesses
- How to structure an expert report
- How the contents of the report should assist the court
- Understanding court room procedure
- How to prepare for a court room appearance
- How to spot and cope with common cross-examination pitfalls
This course will also take place on Thursday 6 to Friday 7 June 2019