- Date and time Thu 17 Jan 2019 from 5:30pm to 9:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by RSM Professionals
This evening meeting will celebrate trainee prize winners from the 2017/18 academic year, winners of Section prizes are nominated and shortlisted for the chance to win the Wesleyan Trainee of the year award. We will be awarding prizes to oral finalists.
Oral finalists will present for 10 minutes followed by a 5 minute Q&A session with the audience and finalist judges.
The finalists have an opportunity to win the following prizes:
1st prize: £3,000 plus one years RSM membership
2nd prize: £1,000 plus one years RSM membership
3rd prize: £500 plus one years RSM membership
- Clinical Neurosciences Section - Dr Peter Jenkins: Dopaminergic abnormalities following traumatic brain injury: a targeted approach to treating cognitive impairments
- Surgery Section - Dr Catherine Zabkiewicz: A Gremlin in the works: Reduced expression of Bone Morphogenetic Protein antagonist Gremlin aids Breast Cancer progression
- Orthopaedics Section - Dr Katie Samuel: National practice of midstream urine testing preoperatively for elective orthopaedics - Is it worth the resources?
- Telemedicine & eHealth Section - Dr Eghoihunu Ireo: The Yo-band and Yo-bot: Wearable technology for managing mental health
- Coloproctology Section - Mr Jonathan Evans: The Nrf2 inhibitor brusatol is a potent antitumour agent, and enhances irinotecan cytotoxicity, in an orthotopic mouse model of colorectal cancer
Come along to this fantastic evening to see oral finalist’s present, network with colleagues and celebrate the great achievements of all our prize winners from the academic year 2017/18.