- Date and time Tue 24 Sep 2019 from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Respiratory Medicine
Join a host of specialists to receive a practical understanding of how to manage patients receiving home mechanical ventilation in the community.
Patients who receive mechanical ventilation at home can be challenging to manage in the community and are currently managed at specialist centres. As the prevalence of survival with chronic respiratory failure requiring long-term ventilation increases, the need for general physicians and community-based healthcare professionals to be able to manage this patient cohort will increase.
In this one day course, you will hear from specialists and from a patient receiving long term invasive ventilation to understand the need for domiciliary ventilation, challenges that this patient cohort faces and secrets of the trade in managing these patients.
- Overview of the indications for home mechanical ventilation (HMV)
- Understanding of the challenges faced in managing patients receiving HMV
- Tools to manage emergencies faced by these patients in the community
- Insight into the experience of a patient receiving long-term invasive ventilation
|RSM Fellow||RSM Associate||RSM Retired Fellow||RSM Trainee||RSM Student|
Non - Member
|Consultant / GP||Trainee||AHP / Nurse / Midwife||Student|