RSM members have free access to over 100 hours of educational webinars each year.
- Date and time Tue 14 Nov 2023 from 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Location Online
- Organised by Psychiatry
This webinar will inform and encourage students and doctors who are considering a career in psychiatry by providing up to date information on application processes, what is involved in training, how skills are developed and about the varied career options in the field. Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of working in the psychiatry field through interaction with trainees and consultants from a variety of backgrounds. Additionally, there will be ample time for questions and discussions with psychiatrists.
Speakers will illustrate the abundance of opportunities for career development in psychiatry and the exciting opportunities that are available at every stage throughout your career. Participants will gain up-to-date information on application processes, and find out what is involved in training for a career in psychiatry.
This meeting will appeal to those who want to understand how psychiatry interacts with other branches of medicine and how spending some time in psychiatry training may be advantageous for their career in another specialism. Speakers will provide guidance and encouragement for doctors who are considering a change of career pathway from another specialty.
Benefits of attending:
- Learn about the many pathways into psychiatry as a career; how to apply for a psychiatry training placement; the broad range of career prospects in psychiatry.
- Participants will be able to consider the practical aspects of training - the good aspects and pitfalls - of working as a trainee in psychiatry.
- Opportunity to interact with psychiatrists in post training roles as well as examine what a long term career in psychiatry involves at senior level.
- Meet with a range of speakers at the webinar and become aware of the exciting prospects of choosing a career in psychiatry.
|RSM Trainee||RSM Student|
Non - Member
View the programme
Registration for this webinar will close 1 hour prior to the start time. You will receive the webinar link 1 hour before the meeting. Late registrations will not be accepted.
Webinar recordings will be available for registered delegates up to 60 days after the live webinar, via Zoom. The link will be sent 24 hours after the webinar takes place.
This webinar will be recorded and stored by the Royal Society of Medicine and may be distributed in future on various internet channels.