This meeting will teach paediatric health staff about the current advances in the treatment of acutely deteriorating child.
- Date and time Tue 14 May 2019 from 8:00am to 5:30pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Psychiatry
This conference brings together medical and educational professionals to provide better care for school children and young people with mental health needs.
It will explore the views of professionals, parents and young people in the context of the recent government initiative: Transforming Children and Young People’s Mental Health Provision - a Green Paper (2017).
One in eight (12.8%) 5 to 19 year olds have at least one mental disorder according to a 2017 NHS survey. Many of these vulnerable children are hard to identify or treat in a clinical setting, but could benefit from an intervention in a safe and familiar environment, such as school.
This event will act as a forum for discussion around how health and education can effectively collaborate.
Teacher rates are available under the Non-member tab below.
- Evidenced-based interventions specifically developed to address mental health problems in vulnerable students
- Interventions for depression, anxiety, addiction, self-harm and conduct disorders
- Aspirational thinking about meeting the needs of students with externalising problems, refugees and asylum seekers, SEND, and other neurodevelopmental problems
- To enable a discussion where teachers, parents, pupils, mental health charities and policy-makers can contribute, highlight and question how health and education can effectively collaborate
Mental Health Foundation Research Prize 2019
Submission deadline: Monday 1 April 2019.
Open to: All psychologists and psychiatrists in accredited training or research posts in the UK at the time of publication.
Prize: First prize: £750, second prize: £250.
For the application guidelines and to apply, click here.
|RSM Fellow||RSM Associate||RSM Trainee||RSM Retired Fellow||RSM Student|
Non - Member
|Consultant / GP||AHP / Nurse / Midwife||Trainee||Teacher||Student|