- Date and time Mon 16 Dec 2019 from 9:00am to 3:40pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Palliative Care
Join us as we present palliative care research and quality improvement projects, helping you to establish a practical framework to develop your own research. This event will benefit trainees, junior doctors and senior clinicians who want to learn more about how to get involved with research.
Palliative Medicine has changed considerably; one of the most fundamental changes is the volume of research activities to support practice and influence policy.
With an increasingly ageing and multi-morbid population, research in the field of palliative medicine is vital to ensure the experience of patients with life-limiting conditions is improved. Attitudes to research and inclusion patients with life-limiting conditions have developed from a paternalistic to a collaborative approach - now is an exciting time to get into research in Palliative Medicine.
- Develop an understanding of research methodology and careers opportunities in academic Palliative medicine
- Identify key opportunities and challenges for research in the context of Palliative Medicine
- Learn about current research topics in Palliative Medicine
A limited number of bursary places are available for this meeting. Please contact email@example.com to apply for a place, including your reason for applying.