Note: Marie Curie delegates should select the ‘Industry professional’ rate only
This conference will highlight relevant research into hospice care and support the translation of research findings into practice.
This year, we are focusing on the future of hospice care in the UK, exploring the current research in hospice service provision and how health care professionals think that hospice could be best used to match this. What might hospices look like in 20 years’ time?
Join us to:
- Explore current research in hospice service provision with an emphasis on alternatives to the traditional inpatient unit
- Review how health care professionals think hospices can be best used?
- Review dementia representation – is a hospice the correct setting for this type of patient, or could we take the model of hospice care to their homes and care homes?
- Know about the current research taking place that investigates hospice service provision beyond the hospice inpatient unit
- Demonstrate knowledge of how non-cancer diseases might require different models of care, and how hospice care could be tailored to meet those needs
- Begin to describe a vision of what hospice care may look like in 20 years’ time
Palliative Care Section: Call for abstracts – Future directions of hospice care: IPU or ITU?
Monday 15 July 2019
Monday 14 October 2019
Abstracts of no more than 250 words for oral and/or poster presentation are welcomed on research in palliative and end of life care. The submission must be anonymous; it should not include headings, acknowledgements, names or institutions.
Whilst abstracts relevant to the meeting topic are more likely to be chosen for oral presentation, we welcome submissions on any subject in palliative and end of life care.
*Below agenda is subject to change