With an increasingly ageing and multi-morbid population, research in the field of Palliative medicine is ever more vital to ensure the experience of patients with life-limiting conditions is improved.
Attitudes to research and inclusion patients with life-limiting conditions have developed from a paternalistic to a collaborative approach. This is an exciting time to get into research in Palliative Medicine.
This meeting provides an opportunity to present research and quality improvement projects and share ideas with like-minded budding researchers and experienced researchers alike. There will be opportunities to get advice on getting into research and network with enthusiastic researchers from all over the UK.
What will I learn?
- You will learn to understand the relationship between public health research and Palliative Medicine
- Develop an understanding of complexity in Palliative medicine from patient and stakeholder perspective
- Identify key opportunities and challenges for research in the context of Palliative Medicine
- Establish a practical framework to developing own research
- Present research and quality improvement projects
Who will this event be of interest to?
Trainees, junior doctors and senior clinicians interested will learn more about how to get involved with research.