- Date and time Fri 19 May 2023 from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Pain Medicine
This event will bring together a diverse set of experts from legal, medical, and governance fields to help attendees better understand the complex subject of pain. We will be exploring the biological, social, and psychological basis of chronic pain conditions, giving attendees a medicolegal perspective in assessing complex conditions.
By attending, you will:
- Learn from examples of medical treatments gone wrong
- Understand peripheral nerve injuries
- Explore the role of nonphysical factors in pain presentations
- Explore whether cannabis is an effective pain treatment
- Discuss whether it is possible to legally prove the presence of pain
- Gain insights from the neurobiology of dream states
- Explore fundamental dishonesty in chronic pain cases
Book to attend this event in person or virtually. To view the rates and agenda, please select your preference below.
Follow us on:
Show Virtual / In Person rates
Registration for this event will close at 1:00am on Wednesday 17 May 2023. Late registrations will not be accepted.
The agenda is subject to change at any time
If the event is recorded, we are only able to share presentations that we have received permission to share. There is no guarantee that all sessions will be available after the event, this is at the presenter’s and RSM’s discretion.
All views expressed at this event are of the speakers themselves and not of the Royal Society of Medicine, nor the speaker's organisations.
This event will be recorded and stored by the Royal Society of Medicine and may be distributed in future on various internet channels.