- Date and time Tue 12 Dec 2023 from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Location Online
- Organised by Paediatrics and Child Health, London School of Paediatrics
The study day is aimed at paediatric doctors working in general paediatrics and other paediatric subspecialties to promote multidisciplinary and shared care management of children and young people diagnosed with cancer and to be able to support them and their families through their treatment journey.
The day involves a series of lectures by distinguished speakers from the field of paediatric oncology across the UK. The sessions will cover many topics, including leukaemia and solid tumours and the most up-to-date management of these conditions. We will also hear from patients and carers about the impact of a cancer diagnosis.
In addition, the study day will offer information on GRID and SPIN training in paediatric oncology.
By attending, you will:
- Learn about clinical features and modes of presentation of different childhood cancers to facilitate early diagnosis
- Learn about initial assessment, baseline investigations and management of children and young people presenting with cancer
- Develop expertise in early recognition and management of acute oncological emergencies
- Understand principles of management of childhood cancer including current treatment regimens and clinical trials
- Understand the role of multidisciplinary teams, including shared care model, clinical nurse specialists and specialist symptom care teams in the management of childhood cancer
- Obtain advice and information on training within GRID and SPIN oncology
Follow us on:
|RSM Trainee||RSM Member|
Non - Member
|Consultant / GP / SAS Doctors||Trainee||London School of Paediatrics|
View the programme 12 December 2023
Registration for this event will close at 1:00am on 11 December 2023. Late registrations will not be accepted.
The agenda is subject to change at any time
If the event is recorded, we are only able to share presentations that we have received permission to share. There is no guarantee that all sessions will be available after the event, this is at the presenter’s and RSM’s discretion.
All views expressed at this event are of the speakers themselves and not of the Royal Society of Medicine, nor the speaker's organisations.
This event will be recorded and stored by the Royal Society of Medicine and may be distributed in future on various internet channels.