As an RSM Member, not only can you enjoy our club facilities, you also have access to a network of 50+ reciprocal clubs around the world. Located in five different continents, why not take advantage of these clubs on your next holiday or business trip?
- Date and time Thu 1 Dec 2022 from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Location Online
- Organised by Paediatrics and Child Health
Explore common respiratory and ear, nose and throat presentations, including their pathophysiology, new developments in the field and best practice for management. Participants will be able to deliver optimal care to children presenting to the emergency department and in outpatients; by assisting diagnosis and informing management decisions.
Trainees will also be provided with information about a career in respiratory medicine, either in specialist GRID training or as a general paediatrician with a specialist interest, and how to achieve this.
This study day is aimed at level 2 paediatric trainees, but is open and will be of relevance to all paediatric trainees and acute practitioners with an interest in paediatrics.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the pathophysiology and latest treatment options for Pre-school wheeze, asthma, lung aspiration, sleep-disordered breathing, complicated pneumonia and cystic fibrosis
- Recognise and manage ENT emergencies
- Interpret a paediatric chest x-ray
- Feel confident about applying for paediatric respiratory subspecialty training
The event recording will be available for registered event participants up to 60 days after the day via Zoom.
This event is also available to attend in person on Monday 28 November 2022. Please click here to book the in-person event.
Follow us on:
View the programme
Registration for this event will close 1 hour prior to the start time. Late registrations will not be accepted.
- The agenda is subject to change at any time
- If the event is recorded, we are only able to share presentations that we have received permission to share. There is no guarantee that all sessions will be available after the event, this is at the presenter’s and RSM discretion.
- All views expressed at this event are of the speakers themselves and not of the Royal Society of Medicine, nor the speaker's organisations.
- This event will be recorded and stored by the Royal Society of Medicine and may be distributed in future on various internet channels.