As an RSM Member, not only can you enjoy our club facilities, you also have access to a network of 50+ reciprocal clubs around the world. Located in five different continents, why not take advantage of these clubs on your next holiday or business trip?
- Date and time Mon 28 Nov 2022 from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Paediatrics and Child Health, London School of Paediatrics
Join this event to discover how respiratory arrests in children, unlike adults, are usually preceded by respiratory deterioration. Hear world-leading researchers explain pathophysiology and the latest treatment options for common Paediatrics respiratory conditions. Participants will recognise and manage chronic and emergency presentations in this session, optimising patients’ lung health and preventing deterioration.
Trainees will also be provided with information about a career involving respiratory medicine either in specialist GRID training or as a general paediatrician with a specialist interest, and how to achieve this.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the pathophysiology and latest treatment options for Pre-school wheeze, asthma, lung aspiration, sleep-disordered breathing, complicated pneumonia and cystic fibrosis
- Recognise and manage ENT emergencies
- Interpret a paediatric chest x-ray
- Feel confident about the routes to apply for paediatric respiratory subspecialty training
This study day is aimed at level 2 paediatric trainees but is open and will be of relevance to all paediatric trainees and acute practitioners with an interest in paediatrics.
Follow us on:
|RSM Member||RSM Trainee|
Non - Member
|Consultant / GP / SAS Doctors||Trainee||London School of Paediatrics|
View the programme
Registration for this event will close at 1:00am on Sunday 27 November 2022. Late registrations will not be accepted.
- The agenda is subject to change at any time
- If the event is recorded, we are only able to share presentations that we have received permission to share. There is no guarantee that all sessions will be available after the event, this is at the presenter’s and RSM discretion.
- All views expressed at this event are of the speakers themselves and not of the Royal Society of Medicine, nor the speaker's organisations.
- This event will be recorded and stored by the Royal Society of Medicine and may be distributed in future on various internet channels.