The RSM has an extensive digital learning and online e-resources platform. As a member you'll enjoy free access to a wealth of online resources, including 5,000 subscription and open access e-journals, 2,000 e-books and 5 key medical databases, to support your clinical decision-making and research.
- Date and time Wed 13 Jul 2022 from 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Paediatrics and Child Health, London School of Paediatrics
This meeting will provide trainees with an update on the treatment of nephrological emergencies within the practice of paediatrics.
Participants will be able to:
- Learn about acute kidney injury and nephrology emergencies
- Know the causes of acute renal failure
- Understand the investigations that may differentiate between these causes
- Know the features of the haemolytic uraemic syndrome
- Understand the methods to correct fluid and biochemical abnormalities seen in renal failure
- Know the indications for dialysis
- Understand hypertension in children
- Know the causes of hypertension and the principles of treatment
- Interpret blood pressure measurements
- Examine bladder disorders in children
- Understand voiding disorders including enuresis, dysuria, frequency and polyuria
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Understand the complications of the nephrotic state
- Understand the principles of the pharmacological, dietary and fluid management
- Understand the investigations including the indication for renal biopsy
- Vasculitis and glomerulonephritis
- Know the aetiology, pathophysiology and immunological basis of glomerulonephritides and vasculitides
- Be aware of the range of immunosuppressive therapies that may be used in these conditions
- Know the range of presentations suggestive of an underlying renal tubular disorder
- Know about the inheritance patterns of different tubular disorders
- Understand the principles of management
Can’t attend in person on the day? This event is available to watch on-demand for up to 60 days. Please register for the pre-recorded webinar here. The link to watch the webinar will be sent via email three days after the live in-person event on 16 July 2022 so that you can view it on-demand.
Join in the conversation online
Follow us on Twitter: @RoySocMed
View the programme
Dr Maduri Raja, Renal GRID Registrar, Great Ormond Street Hospital and Ellen O’Connor, Post-Renal Transplant Clinical Nurse Specialist, Great Ormond Street Hospital
Dr Natalie Wyatt, Renal Registrar, Great Ormond Street Hospital and Nicola Townsend, Hypertension CNS, Great Ormond Street Hospital
Mr Sarit Shah, Lead Renal Pharmacist, Great Ormond Street Hospital, and Mr William Thornhill, Renal Pharmacist, Evelina Children’s Hospital
Disclaimer: All views expressed in this webinar are of the speakers themselves and not of the RSM nor the speaker's organisations.
Registration for this event will close on 12 July 2022 at 12:00am (BST). Late registrations will not be accepted.