This free webinar will involve expert discussions on challenges facing paediatricians and children's services, and we will explore poetry as a form of reflective practice for doctors, making this meeting incredibly important in the field to raise the profile of child health.
- Date and time Tue 8 Dec 2020 from 10:00am to 5:00pm
- Location Online
- Organised by Paediatrics and Child Health
In this LSP study day, we will review current understanding of common issues and best practice within the community child health field, including the recognition and management of developmental problems, the multi-disciplinary approach to the child with complex medical needs, and key updates in safeguarding.
There will be a range of consultants and professionals from across London speaking in their areas of expertise on a wide variety of interesting topics related to community paediatrics. This study day is aimed at level 2 trainees but all paediatric trainees welcome. Wider members of the paediatric community multi-disciplinary team are also very welcome.
During this session, trainees will be able to:
- Recognise and manage common developmental and behavioural problems
- Improve one’s ability to manage children with complex developmental difficulties
- Understand how physical and communication impairment may contribute to developmental difficulties and what happens when children are referred for further assessment: what might help
- Gain experience in making appropriate diagnoses, investigation and management plans for children with neurodevelopmental disorders
- Know about the multi-disciplinary approach to the child with a neurodevelopmental childhood disorder
- Improve understanding of educational paediatrics, including the writing of Education Health & Care Plans and working effectively with other agencies in relation to this
- Gain proficiency in the paediatric assessment of and management of Looked After Children (LAC) and further understand the personal experience of an unaccompanied asylum seeker
Webinar recordings will be available for registered delegates up to 30 days after the live webinar, via Zoom. The link will be sent 24 hours after the webinar takes place.
This webinar will be recorded and stored by the Royal Society of Medicine and may be distributed in future on various internet channels.
View the programme
Disclaimer: All views expressed in this webinar are of the speakers themselves and not of the RSM nor the speaker's organisations.
Special rates for difficult times
The RSM wishes to offer healthcare professionals continued learning opportunities during the coronavirus pandemic. The RSM’s COVID-19 online events are available free of charge, while there will be small charges to register for other online education. These fees will enable the RSM to continue its programme of activities and will apply during the course of the pandemic.
Join us for this first part of a two-parts webinar series to expand your understanding on MDT management of common neurological conditions in childhood and a range of other topics that are relevant to anyone working with infants, children and young people.