Please note this event has been cancelled.
This study day is for trainees to develop an understanding of topical issues in the field of paediatric infectious diseases and sexual health, and to promote a better understanding of how trainees can approach the patient from a historical and investigation perspective.
By inviting expert speakers this event will provide trainees with an opportunity to gain more information about subspecialty training and promote the development of research interests in this area.
- Current best practice for CMV, blood-borne viruses and novel vaccines in our routine immunisation schedule e.g. meningococcal B vaccine
- Gain specific knowledge in sexual health and genitourinary medicine as it applies to the paediatric population
- Demonstrate the ability to take a sexual health history and approach patients confidently in this context
- Safe approach to fevers in a returned traveller
- Understand the principles and develop an approach to antimicrobial stewardship in common paediatric infections
- Awareness of rare conditions such as primary immune deficiency and how and when to investigate
*Please ensure you book online before the event date - limited places available to register on the day and lunch will not be provided*