Please note this event has been cancelled.
The London School of Paediatrics Child Safeguarding day on the 19th of May 2020 promises to be an interactive day of thought provoking discussion around contemporary issues in safeguarding with a focus on vulnerable children.
Aimed at Level 2 trainees, it will cover key competencies from our progress curriculum, with delegates by the end of the conference meeting the requirements of level 3 child safeguarding training.
It will also cover the following key learning outcomes:
● Knowledge of adoption and fostering systems in England.
● The impact of adverse childhood experiences in working with young people and principles of contextual safeguarding.
● The outcomes of youth violence for young people affected
● Knowledge of the forensic assessment and importance of chain of evidence.
● Vulnerable children: Migrant children’s access to healthcare, Recognising and responding to modern slavery and the voice of the unaccompanied minor.
LME skills evening - 19 May 2020
London School of Paediatrics is delighted to announce Dr Sarah Thurlbeck (former Named Doctor for Child Safeguarding, St Georges Hospital) will run the LME skills evening on Tuesday 19 May 2020 on tips and excellence in report writing for paediatricians. This interactive seminar includes child protection reports but skills learnt will apply when writing reports for solicitors/court etc...and very much apply to all involved in the care of children.
Aimed at level 2 and level 3 trainees but level 1 more than welcome if keen and interested.
6 pm - 8 pm £15 per place with drinks and networking before and after.
*Please ensure you book online before the event date - limited places available to register on the day and lunch will not be provided*