This meeting will bring together policy-makers, researchers, clinicians and other healthcare professionals to understand the climate for whistleblowers within the NHS.
- Date and time Tue 16 Apr 2019 from 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Paediatrics and Child Health
This fantastic meeting aimed at students, trainees and consultants will bring together specialists from both paediatrics and child and adolescent mental health services.
Covering a wide range of topics, including practical approaches to mental health crises and self-harm management of eating disorders, medically unexplained symptoms, and somatisation disorders and therapeutic approaches.
This will be a wonderful opportunity to network and learn together across specialties about the current management of mental health conditions in children and young people
This meeting will develop an understanding of the key priorities in child and adolescent mental health, and provide information and practical advice on diagnostic and management issues, and encourage multidisciplinary discussion and learning.
- Diagnosis and management of common psychiatric disorders, including medically unexplained symptoms and somatoform disorder.
- The current epidemiology of child and adolescent mental health.
- The medical management of eating disorders.
- The role of the paediatrician in an acute mental health crises and emergency department presentations of acute psychiatric illness.
- The role of the paediatrician following self-harm and explore ways to make it meaningful and helpful for young people.
- Overlap between mental and physical ill health and what can be done about it.
|RSM Fellow||RSM Trainee|
Non - Member
|Consultant / GP||Trainee||London School of Paediatrics|
View the programme
Dr Gayle Hann, Consultant Paediatrician, North Middlesex University Hospital and Dr Ro Bevan, Psychiatry Trainee
Dr Vidhya Kumaranayakam, General Practitioner and Clinical Director, NHS Brent Clinical Commissioning Group
Dr Max Davie
Delegates will be provided with an update on the diagnosis and management of common respiratory and ENT presentations in children.
This study day will provide delegates with the fundamental principles of genetic and metabolic medicine relevant to a paediatric career, with an appreciation for developments in the field and their associated practical applications.
A study day examining common paediatric dermatological and rheumatological conditions.