This is the second episode in a 4 part webinar series. The webinar will be based on the recently published standards for the management of open tibial fractures, which are available here.
This multidisciplinary Open Tibia Fracture webinar will provide an update on the latest evidence-based approach to these challenging injuries. All speakers are acknowledged experts in open trauma with considerable clinical and research experience. The focus of the webinar will be how the latest research impacts on the practical management of open fractures.
The educational objectives include
- Early care including assessment of the severely traumatised limb and timing of antibiotics
- The art of a combined orthoplastic wound debridement
- Guidelines for timing and mode of fracture fixation
- Principles of temporary and definitive soft-tissue cover
- Circular external fixation or IM nailing for severe open tibial fractures, including bone loss
There are 10 x bursary places available for students and trainees. Please email email@example.com and include your student or trainee ID to claim your free place.
We would like to thank our sponsors BoneSupport and Stryker UK Ltd for their support of this webinar. Please note that the scientific programme and content has not been influenced in any way by the sponsor
A CPD certificate with CPD credit will be issued to those joining each webinar live and will be automatically issued after 7 days to those who watched the webinar live in its entirety. Those who watch the webinar on-demand will receive a CPD certificate 30 days after the webinar has gone live.
Join in the conversation online using #RSMLive
Follow us on Twitter: @RoySocMed