Examine health research in conflict and other complex environments and discuss the state of the field and challenges for the future.
- Date and time Sat 27 Apr 2019 from 8:30am to 5:15pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
After another successful undergraduate oral and maxillofacial surgery conference (UMAX) in 2018, the Royal Society of Medicine will be running it again to continue promoting the specialty as a post-graduate career option for aspiring surgeons.
By attending this event you will learn from consultant surgeons and incumbent trainees as you network on the day. Participate in the UMAX lectures and workshops, given by senior consultants of leading hospitals, and get hands-on with highly interactive and practical problem-based learning sessions run by senior clinical trainees.
At the end of the meeting you will be able to:
- Understand the role of oral and maxillofacial surgery in the wider field of medicine and surgery.
- Achieve basic competency and understanding in the assessment of the more common maxillofacial presentations.
- Gain a greater appreciation of the scope of practice of oral and maxillofacial surgeon.
- Develop basic surgical skills such as suturing at depth and performing basic local flaps.
- Appreciate the wider interdisciplinary work that the specialty does bridging the gap across the various head and neck specialties as well as between dentistry and medicine
If you are a BAOMS member, use the voucher code baoms20 to get a £20 discount. Please note proof of BAOMS membership will be required on the day. Should you not have this to hand you will be required to pay the outstanding balance.
UMAX Prize (Essay and Poster prize)
- First prize: £50 for each (poster and essay)
Friday 29 March 2019
All trainees without dual qualification including undergraduate, singly-qualified and second degree medical and dental students.
Submit a 250-word abstract on a topic relating to oral and maxillofacial surgery. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to present their work at an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery meeting.
View the programme
This event on medical apps will examine the growing role that apps are playing in healthcare delivery.
Join us for a day of inspirational presentations by extraordinary innovators and entrepreneurs making waves in medicine and healthcare.
This meeting will offer much-needed education on (and discussion of) the concept of ‘compassionate use,’ at the boundary between medical research and clinical practice.