- Date and time Thu 9 Jan 2020 from 5:30pm to 8:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Ophthalmology
This live stream event will explore the issues encountered in eye drop development with relevance to basic scientists and clinicians, and will provide updates on novel AMD treatments and developments.
The eye is unique in that it is an organ that lends itself to local (topical) treatment. However, there are barriers to developing a successful formulation, with good safety and tolerability profile and maximal effectivity. Experts will discuss the potential pitfalls and challenges of eye drop development in ophthalmology, addressing CMC, regulatory and clinical issues. Invited speakers are experts in their field with experience of translating their formulations and research to the clinic.
- Biological barriers in the eye with relevance to topical delivery
- The principles of Good Manufacturing Practice
- Value regulatory, CMC and clinical considerations
- Value safety and tolerability profiles, and assessment of effectivity
If you would like to attend the meeting in London please click here.
There are bursary places available for all Ophthalmology meetings - send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ophthalmology Section would like to thank Bausch + Lomb and Johnson & Johnson for supporting the Academic Year 2019-2020 Programme of Events
Please note that none of the companies listed have had any influence or involvement over the agenda, content or organisation of this meeting.