This meeting will explore the latest evidence-based ways to practice, teach, and embed empathy within healthcare settings.
Delegates can expect a rounded view and learn about the role and importance of empathy in healthcare from current research, education, policy, practice and patient perspectives. This event presents the opportunity to meet and discuss with an expert panel who specialise in empathy in healthcare and the chance to contribute to the field by presenting oral presentations and posters showcasing research, education, policy, practice and patient perspectives on empathy in healthcare.
- Evidence-based practice, how to teach and embed empath in healthcare
- The role of humans for promoting empathy in the digital age
- Consolidate and expand the growing global network of empathy researchers and teachers, and to position the UK as a leader for healthcare empathy research and practice
In the words of the the great physician, Sir William Osler “The good physician treats the disease; the great physician treats the patient who has the disease.”
Call for papers and posters
Applications for brief presentations or posters are now open. Any topic related to empathy in healthcare will be acceptable, especially those on:
- The nature of therapeutic empathy
- How to teach empathy
- The relationship between empathy and technology
- How to make organisations more empathetic
In order to apply, please provide a brief (maximum 200 word) abstract, and state whether you prefer to give a presentation or poster.
Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org