Management of sleep disorders, especially sleep-disordered breathing, is multifunctional and medical and dental professionals must work together to offer the best treatment possible for the patient.
The aim of this meeting is to provide a comprehensive overview of the management of sleep-related breathing disorders, highlighting in particular the importance of a multi-disciplinary team approach to care.
- The role sleep plays and importance of sleep disruption on the circadian rhythm
- The association of disrupted circadian rhythm on mood, subjective wellbeing and cognitive function
- An overview of established and emerging treatment modalities in obstructive sleep apnoea
- The role of airway evaluation and surgical interventions in sleep-related breathing disorders
- An overview of the role of mandibular advancement appliances in managing sleep-related breathing disorders
- The importance of a multidisciplinary care pathway and its application in dental sleep medicine