In celebration of International Woman’s Day 2019, the Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Section is showcasing the use of Hypnosis in Women’s Health.
- Date and time Fri 22 Feb 2019 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Over 3 million individuals in the UK have a fertility issue. These present not only medical but also ethical, emotional and financial issues.
Join us at this evening meeting as we look at learn about the idea of inequality in fertility treatments, as well as the benefits and downfalls of those treatments.
Open to debate from audience participants, we'll raise a number of topical questions:
- Some could argue we are getting social equality, but not biological equality. Is egg freezing the answer?
- Is fertility treatment causing more harm than good?
- Why are animals better breeders than humans?
- What advance will be made in fertility care in 10 years time?
View the programme
This trainees’ evening will explore the pathophysiology, identification and management of peripartum complications including pre-eclampsia and eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Amniotic fluid embolism, Post-partum haemorrhage, Maternal sepsis and peripartum cardiomyopathy.