This live stream meeting provides an opportunity for medics to gain a deeper understanding of the science of firearms, armour and ballistic wounding. This is a lecture based program with experts from Defence and Home Office scientific agencies, arms industry and medics from the Met Specialist Firearms Command and Defence.
- Date and time Thu 22 Sep 2022 from 9:30am to 6:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Military Medicine
This meeting provides an opportunity for medics to gain a deeper understanding of the science of firearms, armour and ballistic wounding.
During this session you will:
- Learn how to interpret and predict wounding severity using knowledge of bullet and firearm design
- Understand how to avoid corrupting physical evidence gained in clinical treatment during forensic investigations
- Gain more expert advice to NHS Trusts/chain of command on response to, and planning for firearm incidents
This is a lecture-based program with experts from Defence and Home Office scientific agencies, arms industry and medics from Defence and the Metropolitan Police Specialist Firearms Command.
Military, civilian and police medics will find this meeting particularly insightful. This meeting has CPD accreditation.
There is a limited number of places available for this in-person event. You can now live stream this meeting from anywhere. Click here to book the live stream.
|RSM Fellow||RSM Associate||RSM Retired Fellow||RSM Trainee||RSM Student|
Non - Member
|Consultant / GP||AHP / Nurse / Midwife||Non Healthcare Professional||Trainee||Student|