This live stream meeting provides an opportunity for medics to gain a deeper understanding of the science of firearms, armour and ballistic wounding. This is a lecture based program with experts from Defence and Home Office scientific agencies, arms industry and medics from the Met Specialist Firearms Command and Defence.
- Date and time Thu 22 Sep 2022 from 9:30am to 6:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Military Medicine
This meeting provides an opportunity for medics to gain a deeper understanding of the science of firearms, armour and ballistic wounding.
During this session you will:
- Learn how to interpret and predict wounding severity using knowledge of bullet and firearm design
- Understand how to avoid corrupting physical evidence gained in clinical treatment during forensic investigations
- Gain more expert advice to NHS Trusts/chain of command on response to, and planning for firearm incidents
You can now live stream this meeting from anywhere. Click here to book the live stream.
This is a lecture-based program with experts from Defence and Home Office scientific agencies, arms industry and medics from Defence and the Metropolitan Police Specialist Firearms Command.
Military, civilian and police medics will find this meeting particularly insightful.
Registration for this event will close on Wednesday 21 September 2022 at 00:00. Late registrations will not be accepted.
The agenda is subject to change at any time.
All views expressed at this event are of the speakers themselves and not of the Royal Society of Medicine, nor the speaker's organisations.
We are only able to share presentations that we have received permission to share. This is at the presenter and the RSM’s discretion.
This event will be recorded and stored by the Royal Society of Medicine and may be distributed in future on various internet channels.