Please note: This event has been postponed and is now planned to take place in 2021. This page will be updated as soon as we have more details, and we will also contact booked delegates directly with this information. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Jointly organised with Nerve Tumours UK, this meeting will give you an understanding of what it is like to live with nerve tumours.
Hear from people living with nerve tumours and clinicians as we review and discuss current approaches to diagnosis and treatment, in the light of advances in molecular biology and imaging.
What will you learn?
By attending this meeting, you will have the opportunity to:
- Understand the epidemiology, biology and genetics of Nerve Tumours - neurofibromatosis I (NF1) and neurofibromatosis 2 (NF2)
- Appreciate the impact of living with NF1 and NF2 nerve tumours first-hand from patients
- Learn about the recognition of malignant transformation (NF1)
- Discover the management of NF2 nerve tumours
- Explore today’s treatments
- Understand the management and support for people with nerve tumours
About Medicine and Me
Medicine and Me meetings aim to provide an outline of current best practice and future updates of important conditions and to give direct voice to patients and their carers and enable them to discuss their concerns and reflections on the impact of diagnosis, investigation and management.
Physicians and surgeons and indeed all healthcare professionals continue to learn from and be inspired to greater efforts to improve care by hearing directly from patients.
Join in the conversation online
Follow us on Twitter: @RoySocMed