- Date and time Wed 10 Jun 2020 from 8:45am to 5:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Medical Genetics
At this unique meeting, representatives from NHS England will give an up to date outline of the changes in genomic infrastructure which will transform the provision of genomic testing in the NHS.
Top speakers will help clinicians understand how the increasing availability of state of the art genomic testing in the NHS will impact their day to day clinical practice. You will be introduced to different types of genomic testing, discuss when and how to organise a genetic test for your patient and examine the impact of genomic testing on individuals and their families.
1. Discuss recent advances in genomic testing and how they have been integrated into clinical testing pathways within the NHS.
2. Understand when and how to request a genomic test.
3. Consider how to prepare patients for a genomic test.
4. Familiarize yourself with genomic testing reports.
5. Develop the skills to communicate genetic results to patients.
6. Learn about the impact of genetic testing on patients and their families.
7. Consider how to support patients who have had a genomic test
|RSM Fellow||RSM Associate||RSM Retired Fellow||RSM Trainee||RSM Student|
Non - Member
|Consultant / GP||AHP / Nurse / Midwife||Trainee||Student|