This event explores what has been achieved and the challenges faced in the maternity transformation programme since the publication of the Better Births report in 2016.
Key speakers will address why it is important maternity care professionals continue to learn and support the improvement of maternity services through Better Births learnings.
Better Births background
In 2015, Chief Executive of NHS England announced a major review of maternity services as part of the NHS Five Year Forward View.
Baroness Julia Cumberlege (a key speaker) led on this review as an independent expert and drawing on wide-ranging evidence and in consultation with women and their families, and a wide range of stakeholders including NHS staff. The review published its findings in the “Better Births” report in 2016.
The Better Births report has a clear vision: For maternity services to become safer, more personalised, kinder, professional, and more family friendly.
- Experiences and outputs from early adopters of Better Births
- Personalising care: models; perspectives of multi-professionals, women and families
- Pre-emptive strategies to optimise health and wellbeing
Basil Lee Bursary for Innovation in Communication
£500 and a year’s free RSM membership for students or money deducted from the membership fee for trainees and other professionals
Submission deadline: Sunday 14 April 2019
Open to: Students, trainees and other professionals who specialise in maternity and/or surrounding disciplines who are registered in the UK. Please note those who work for commercial operations will not be eligible for the bursary.
This bursary is to enable the applicant to develop their new media skills which relate to the subject of maternity care or care of the newborn.
Entrants will need to submit the following:
- A description of the innovative way they have communicated/plan to communicate to mothers and fathers on a topic in the field of maternity care and how they will further develop this or their skills with the bursary money
- A summary of how the bursary will be spent
- An up-to-date CV
Entries can take a variety of forms such as a short video, an app, pictures, animations or people telling their stories to communicate the topic.
The winner will be invited to present at a Maternity & the Newborn Forum meeting.