- Date and time Wed 2 Jun 2021 from 6:30pm to 7:30pm
- Location Online
- Organised by Library
Register for the event here: https://www.enago.com/academy/how-to-manage-references-2/
The Royal Society of Medicine in collaboration with Karger Publishers and Enago will conduct an informative webinar to help researchers efficiently manage references and citations while preparing their manuscripts and avoid plagiarism.
An exhaustive and methodical reference list is a hallmark of a well-informed researcher. Citations allow research scholars to acknowledge significant scientific contributions by other researchers in their field and increase their credibility as a scientist. It also works as evidence for assertions and claims that researchers make in their manuscript.
In this session, we will discuss good citation practices and share tips to draft a well-organised bibliography.
Researchers will learn:
- Why proper citation and referencing is important
- Why and what should you cite
- An overview of different citation styles
- Where to find citations/references
- Forward and reverse searches
- Paraphrasing and quoting
- How to avoid plagiarism
- Reference management tools
This webinar is for RSM members. If you are not a member and would like to attend, please contact the RSM library at firstname.lastname@example.org