This live stream focuses on informing healthcare practitioners and clinicians about the importance of musculoskeletal tumour management and orthopaedic surgery. Join us to explore the factors in which these developments emerge as well as to evaluate how technology increasingly has an impact on surgical developments.
In the first session, delve into a historical review of the contribution by clinicians to the treatment of musculoskeletal tumours, exploring what factors influenced these developments.
The second session will explore the changing role of the surgeon from the 18th century to contemporary practice and will examine those factors which influenced the changes. The lecture will also evaluate the historical influence of individuals in this period.
Do you want to attend this meeting in Central London? Click here to book your place.
During this session, participants will be able to:
- Discuss how contemporary cancer surgery has developed in relation to varying contexts
- Identify ways in which technological advances have led to increasingly complex surgical treatment
- Discuss potential issues relating to ethical considerations
- Evaluate the extent to which innovations permitted further intervention
- Appreciate how these specialisms have informed surgical knowledge
- Assess the factors which have promoted this level of innovation
This live stream is available for on-demand viewing. The recording will be available for registered delegates up to 30 days after the live broadcast via Zoom. The link will be sent 24 hours after the meeting takes place.
Join in the conversation online #RSMLive
Follow us on Twitter: @RoySocMed