This multidisciplinary conference will bring together a wealth of professionals and medical experts to discuss, engage and create positive strategies for the vision sector. The conference will encompass interactive workshops with tangible takeaways, present new research and updates for all involved in eye health and care.
- Date and time Thu 14 Nov 2019 from 8:45am to 15 Nov 2019 at 4:30pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by General Practice and Primary Healthcare
This course teaches the practice of minor skin surgery techniques, including a range of joint injections and non-surgical techniques as set out in the GMS contract for primary care minor surgery.
At the end of the course, you will take home improved practical skills and be aware of medico-legal and contractual obligations required of those practising minor skin surgery. You will be able to apply evidence based practice in the detection and management of common skin lesions including melanoma. And most importantly, you will be able to apply these skills to improve the provision of minor skin surgery in primary care.
This course complies with the new NHS England DOPS (Direct Observation of Practical Skills) requirements for minor surgery training. You will be assessed against Level 2 competencies and certification will be provided at the end of the course.
- Adept preparation for skin biopsy
- Understand and administer effective local anaesthetic
- Perform a range of suturing techniques and know when each is applicable
- Perform a range of excisions including epidermal cysts and know how to manage abbesses
- Preparation for joint injections
- Elbow, hand and wrist injections