This 3 day meeting allows delegates to update their knowledge and understanding of a wide range of topics relevant to general practice.
- Date and time Fri 13 Sep 2019 from 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by General Practice with Primary Healthcare
This one day course covers most of your annual mandatory training requirements.
This event will provide an update for all healthcare professionals on recent legislation and evidence related to safe and efficient functioning of health care organisations and the safety of patients and staff.
At the end of this meeting the participants will be able to:
- Know about legislation national policies and guidelines related to professional accountability and the codes of practice for health and social care workers
- Understand the fundamentals of Information Governance, data protection, confidentiality and ‘Caldicott’ principles
- Understand the importance of person-centred care in the context of equality and diversity legislation
- Understand the principles of Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults
- Know what to do in cases of child abuse and recognise the importance of Safeguarding of Vulnerable Children
- Understand the latest resuscitation council (UK) guidelines for effective basic life support
- Including management of airways, CPR, choking, and the lateral/recovery position
- Understand safe operation of automated external deﬁbrillator (AED)
|RSM Fellow||RSM Associate||RSM Trainee||RSM Retired Fellow||RSM Student|
Non - Member
|Consultant / GP||AHP / Nurse / Midwife||Trainee||Student|
View the programme
This event will explore current transformative initiatives in general practice and ways to sustain change and deliver an adaptable workforce that is responsive to current health trends and NHS England’s Five Year Forward View and GPN 10 point plan.
Discuss perennial problems of 21st century healthcare: morale and self-care, moral distress sustainable goals and practical wisdom.