This one day critical appraisal and research methods course is aimed at all doctors, dentists, nurses, health professionals, and students, who are interested in research, speaking at journal clubs and personal development within their professional career.
- Date and time Mon 3 Jun 2019 from 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Food and Health, General Practice with Primary Healthcare
Join a multidisciplinary faculty of top specialists to understand how to approach your patients about healthy eating, weight management and physical activity in a productive manner.
The course includes lectures on the important topic of weight stigmatisation and how it counter-productively leads to patients gaining weight, poorer professional-patient communication, and patient lack of adherence to recommendations. There will also be interactive workshops including experiential learning. This meeting will provide you with practical knowledge, skills and tools to help your patients achieve realistic healthcare goals.
- The role of physical activity in sustaining health
- How weight stigmatisation is counter-productive and leads to suffering and weight gain in patients
- The genetic susceptibility to environmental cues leading to overweight/obesity
- Practical means for healthcare professionals to support their patients to eat well, move well, and live well.
We have 10 discounted places available for this event – 5 x students and 5 x trainee places available. If you would like to apply for one of these places, please email email@example.com and quote the event code – FHM03.
These discounted places are on a first come, first served basis.
|RSM Fellow||RSM Retired Fellow||RSM Trainee||RSM Associate||RSM Student|
Non - Member
|Consultant / GP||Industry Professional||AHP / Nurse / Midwife||Trainee||Nutritionist / Dietician||Student|
This event will give delegates the insights needed to help them frame local strategies and implementations to improve wellbeing, maintain health and make their community thrive.
A course providing principles of musculoskeletal radiology and application to common pathologies.