This live stream event will examine the growing role that apps play in healthcare delivery. As apps move from concept to practice using cutting-edge technology, demonstrating efficacy becomes increasingly important, resulting in regulatory and legal issues.
Join us to hear renowned speakers, including the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, Matt Hancock MP, talk of the importance of good design in medical apps and how it can improve patient and clinician experience.
We will be examining the importance of interoperability as medical apps become more mainstream, and how to make this happen.
We'll have a number of presentations from new and established medical start-ups, showcasing the transformative effects these new technologies can have.
What will I learn?
- Gain an understanding of the current state of the art of medical apps
- The latest position on regulation and endorsement of medical apps
- Gain an appreciation of how to assess the clinical effectiveness of medical apps
- Consider medical apps when deciding on an appropriate intervention
- Gain an understanding of the medicolegal issues around medical app use
- Reduce the fear, uncertainty and doubt about the use of medical apps