This programme is now fully booked. We are collecting names for a waitlist in case of last-minute cancellations and for future cohorts. If you would like to join the waitlist please email Hannah.email@example.com.
After a hugely successful pilot cohort the Medical Leadership and Management masterclass returns for a second programme offering essential guidance and practical tips to prepare new and nearly new consultants to succeed as they progress to the next stage of their career in the NHS.
Taking place over 8 weeks and delivered in 5 sessions, this focussed interactive workshop programme will prepare new and nearly new consultants to:
- Understand how to navigate through the NHS as a new consultant
- Be able to prepare business cases
- Understand how to establish your role as a consultant in a new team
- Understand how to start a new service and assess quality
- Identify and develop the skills needed to be influential within your team
- Understand the fundamentals as you move from SpR to consultant
Workshop sessions are designed to be interactive and engaging with all participants expected to carry out preparatory work and ongoing reflection tasks for the duration of the course
Facilitated by Miss Louisa Wickham, Medical Director, Moorfield’s Eye Hospital, Mr Shahram Kashani, Consultant Eye Surgeon, Eastbourne District General Hospital and Professor Nik Patel, Consultant in Cardiology, East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust.
Sessions will take place each Monday between 6:30pm - 8:00pm:
- Day 1 - Monday 18 October 2021: Navigating the NHS as a new consultant
- Day 2 - Monday 1 November 2021: Business case writing and establishing your role in the new team
- Day 3 - Monday 22 November 2021: Starting a new service and assessing quality
- Day 4 - Monday 29 November 2021: Fundamentals for new consultants
- Day 5 - Monday 6 December 2021: How to be influential in teams
This course is limited to 15 participants and delivered through Zoom. Attendees are expected to come to sessions with their cameras on and ready to engage in activities and discussion with facilitators and other participants.
A certificate will be awarded to delegates completing all elements of this masterclass. Each session will be recorded, allowing delegates who miss a session to catch-up and be eligible for a certificate.
Who is this course for?
- Final and penultimate year SpRs
- Senior trust/SAS doctors
- Newly appointed consultants
“Great pearls of insights for Juniors/New Consultants. Provided me with a mind-shift, contextualised the NHS purpose and made relevant the role Clinical Managers have in contributing to organisation change.”
Participant, pilot cohort